KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Tuesday Sewing


So we can kind of say this was a commission! My daughter asked me to make this for my granddaughter's 1st birthday that is in less than a month. It is the biggest project I have tried and I learned lots of lessons.
I am going to frame it and they will hang it in her bedroom.


The annual Fun With Barb swap is in full swing. This year we are making 6" churn dashes. I think I am going to change the background though everyone else said they liked it. I want it a bit more quiet. The swap is full but you can go to Barb's blog for directions and sew on your own or do it with some friends.


Temperature Quilt update----It is the first day of the year that it will be above freezing! Yeah! Though I am waiting for the roads to melt from the freezing rain we had yesterday to go out and do some errands.
While I don't love today's combination I think in the end they will all go together just fine.


I am cutting off and sewing all the corners from the flying geese. Who knows it could become a quilt!

Kelly

3 comments:

  1. great job on the Painting. It is an instant heirloom and it turned out so great.
    Your temp. project is looking great.
    Can't wait to see your CD blocks

    ReplyDelete
  2. The painting is amazing! I can't believe you are a beginner...it looks like you've been doing it for years. I know they will adore having it hanging in her room. I seemed to have missed a couple of your posts and was really impressed by your husband's wood working skills. That cutting board is gorgeous. I really like your sweet little snowball blocks too. Fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a gorgeous rabbit and a lovely gift. i like the churn dash block as it is , but you have to be happy with it so let's see what you choose instead. You always come up with great choices.
    I hope the day warmed up as planned for you.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!