KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Thursday, November 5, 2015

Pink and Green Basket


I have a lot of grand plans when it comes to quilting that don't quite get fulfilled. I loved this basket block and was going to make 12, once upon a time....
The star and tulip blocks were for another quilt altogether that just happened to be in the same colors. So what is one to do but to put them together and call it a day! All of them are hand appliqued so you know there is some time put in and it  would be a shame to waste them.


The flowers have a folk art look that I like and I love the floating berries too.


I only had to make one extra tulip block to make the border work. This pink fabric is a favorite.



I do believe in the original pattern the stars were pieced, but I thought that looked too hard and decided to applique them. Another UFO almost off the list! I have started the machine quilting and am very happy so far.
Both patterns are by Blackbird Designs just in case you NEED to know.


This came in the mail today. Hopefully tonight I will get to read it. My husband is still not feeling well and needs my love and attention (-:

Kelly

17 comments:

  1. Those blocks all look as though they were made to be together. They're such beautiful colours. Have fun reading Gwen's book. I hope Bob feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Youre coming up with some wonderful finishes by combining multiple projects. I was going to guess they were a Blackbird Design. It feels good to get some of those older ideas finished so you can enjoy them. Enjoy your new book as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work! Love the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little quilt brings back the memories. I have several Blackbird Design books and used to consider making lots more than I ever attempted! Hope your husband gets to feeling better soon.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks are beautiful ! And you have a great book to spent time with your husband.....good luck !
    I hope he feels better soon...not fun !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Bob. Chicken soup? New book looks interesting. Love Gwen Marstan quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty UFO! Sometimes it's just better to finish what is there instead of leaving it never to be completed! Lovely colors and fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a happy & beautiful accident! The blocks are so very pretty together!
    I am adding Gwen's latest to my Christmas list. I am eager to hear what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! Was the b,ok a stand alone pattern or a book, love the additions of the stars and tulips.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I recognize many of the fabrics you used in the vase of flowers piece. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks fabulous!!!!!! The colors are so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. maybe you an read and discuss your new book with bob to make him feel better?
    I love the flower pot what a great great pattern. it is fun and your fabrics are fantastic.
    great book - I met Cathy too at Beaver Island she is such a nice lady.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! And those fabrics are to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yes we do need to know! 😰 I love everything about this! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, great idea to combine the two projects! They look like they were made to go together. And I love the fabrics. So glad that now you can enjoy this and not feel guilty any longer.

    I just finished Gwen's book this morning. I love it, of course, and now I want to go make some triangles. *grin*

    p.s. those 5-point stars are not hard to piece! You just need to know the trick of it, like so many other things in quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Joining those blocks together worked out so well! And I love that new book. I will look for it, thanks for mentioning.
    Groetjes
    Annemieke

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this quilt. The basket goes great with the Stars and tulip blocks. Warm pink is my favorite color :0)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!