KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Monday, April 6, 2015

Quilt Show Countdown


My guild, Penn Oaks Quilt Guild is having a QUILT SHOW in a few weeks. One of the ways we raise money is through our Acorn Shoppe where we sell miscellaneous sewing things, think of it like a thrift shop of sorts. Members are also encouraged to sell things giving a percentage of the sales back to the guild. It's a win-win.


Everything is usually a used pattern or book and just things you are looking to get rid of, a good time to clean out the sewing room!





These two pouches I am donating, they are 6 1/2"x 9". They will be in the Acorn Shoppe if you are interested.



This one is also 6 1/2" x 9" and will be in a raffle basket.
I hope if you are local you can make it to the show. For a small guild we do a great job! You can get more information HERE.

Kelly

8 comments:

  1. Your pouches are so cute with your fun fabeic choices. Our local show is on in a few weeks too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bright fun fabrics are so adorable on your pouches. Just seeing what you have made and looking at the link for the show--it looks like it is a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are so cute. You are the queen of zippered bags! I so wish I could come to your show!!! I would but I think I'll be in KY

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pouches are adorable! I'm so looking forward to the Penn Oaks Quilt Show. I was so impressed with the quilts and all the vendors last time! Now if I could only figure out how to win one of those mini raffle quilts. . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such cute pouches. I try to stay way from thrift sales except to donate because I usually come home with more than I take.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How close are you to Vancouver, WA? Love your pouches!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great way to raise money. Love the pouches. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pouches are darling! Such happy colors! I'm sure they will sell like hot cakes. I sure wish I could come to the show, but it's kind of a long drive from Washington state! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!