KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Miscellaneous Tuesday


I got another block made for my mini Swoon quilt. They are only an 8" block but the directions make it pretty accurate.


How cute is this? I found these iron on patches from Babyville Boutique.



So the idea is that mom takes a picture of the baby every month on their birth date. I bought 4 sizes of Onesies that I am hoping will fit on the appropriate months.


So one would think that for all the time I have been sewing I would have learned the old saying "measure twice and cut once". Not so.....I made some valances for the family room and totally cut 2 of them out wrong. Now I am trying to figure out if I can salvage them some how......

Kelly

6 comments:

  1. The swoon block makes me want to get in my car and go buy that pattern. And I probably will. :) The onsies are so cute. Love the 'months' on them. Perfect for those pictures.
    I hate when I make mistakes. Hope you can still make it work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Swoon blocks. Cute baby gift. You always find the perfect gifts for little ones. I hope you can fix the yardage. Is it readily available?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you going to make a quilt of mini swoon blocks? They look great!! The onsies for different months are such a great idea and irrisistable with such cute patches. Sometimes you can measure 3 or even 100 times and you still cut wrong. I hope you find a way to salvage your valances.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The onesies are so cute!! Love the swoon block.
    All I can say is good luck saving the valances!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a cute onsie idea and I love the motifs.
    Great new block, I'm using that pink print in my hot flash quilt.
    sorry to hear about your mis-cut - what a bummer. I know you'll come up with something clever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter takes photos of her children every month for the first year...Pearl is always laying on the same quilt for hers. I like the little iron on appliques...great idea.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!