KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Tie It On


Never did I ever think I would make a tie! This is for my brother in law David. It is made out of vintage fabric and looks very summery.



I made him one for Christmas that had pink polka dots and flowers on it. Not only did he love it but every time he wore it everyone asked him where he bought it!


Here is the back, his one complaint was that the first one did not have the tag to tuck the skinny part of the tie in.


This was yummy good and so easy to make. It is called a gallatte. Make a standard 2 crust pie crust and roll it out. Spread the bottom of the crust with almond paste. In a separate bowl mix 2 cups of blueberries with about a 1/2 c of sugar and a pinch of salt, mix well. Pour blueberries into the middle of the crust, dot with butter and fold the edges towards the middle. Brush crust with milk and sprinkle with sugar. Bake in a 400 oven for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the top is brown. My husband ate almost the whole thing, not in one sitting!

Kelly

13 comments:

  1. That tie is so pretty!
    How come I never find vintage sheets at the goodwill store? May be I don't know what they look like?
    Thanks for the recipe. That looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell me there was ice cream too! Oh, nice tie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tie! What pattern did you and where did you get your fantastic labels made??? Your galette looks yummy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. my son and son-in-law would love to have a tie like that. It is so innovative and the label is perfect! Now to try out that blueberry galette! Only I will use peaches since fresh blueberries are long gone. Yum

    ReplyDelete
  5. The galette looks so yummy. I make it with puff pastry and peaches. I will have to try adding the almond paste cause that sounds extra good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty tie and love the little tag on the back! The blueberry galette look delish also!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great tie!! And the label on the back makes it extra special. Could this be the beginning of a tradition, a tie every Christmas. That galette looks wonderful!! I'll be showing the recipe to Phil seeing his is the cook in our household.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That tie is great and one of a kind too so he can brag it's aone off original from an artiste.
    Love the sound of the pie and a good idea for a quick dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely gift for someone who obviously a appreciates it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've got the most interesting posts lately! Where did you find the tie pattern? It's so cool that your brother likes wearing home sewn ones. And that recipe looks fabulous! Can it be made with a fruit other than blueberries? While I love blueberries, hubby does not. Thanks for sharing your goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm trying to convince Don to make a galette!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a great tie! Rich used to be in a tie of the month club - made by a good friend of his. You could start a business.
    the galette looks yummy - I'll be right over, or is it completely gone.
    do you use canned almond paste?

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!