KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Monday, February 7, 2011

Miscellaneous Monday

This was one of those weekends were nothing real productive got done. I did come across this very cute tea towel that I thought was adorable! The person that made this used seam binding tape to create her birds, I really liked it and had to get it.


I also found this apron in a fabric that was very retro, again had to buy it.


This was a cool find, something I can really use! It has a little pin cushion on top and holds 6 spools of thread, perfect for applique.


These are the books I learned to read with back in the 60's. They were so wonderful and each story had a little bit of a moral lesson. Do kids learn to read from books anymore?

When I opened the book the memories came flooding back, which is amazing because my memory has been horrible after my accident. I can remember staring at this page forever! I miss those so innocent days!

Another find! The Old Country Store in Intercourse now carries Cherrywood fabrics, or did they always and I didn't reallize it?



I also found a backing for my basket quilt (the cherries) and some blue dots I could not live without.




We also saw True Grit which was wonderful, go see it.

Kelly

3 comments:

  1. Kelly,
    Those birds are adorable! great finds from the good old Lancaster county!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a post full of goodies!! Love the birds! Those books look familiar. I'm hoping to see True Grit so I'm glad to hear its good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun eye candy in your post. The birds are so clever!
    Makes me crave garage sale season here. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!