KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Thursday, January 20, 2011

My Quilt in a Book


My friend Cheryl Lynch has a new book that just came out called "Quilt Fiesta". I made this quilt for her book. I must say it is exciting to see your work in a book! Stay tuned I will be giving away 2 of her books in the near future.



I used wonder under and machine buttonhole stitch around the applique. This had to be done in a relatively short amount of time...no time for needle turn! I love the happy colors and of course, polka dots.



I also recieved my first bee block today. I really like it and look forward to seeing the rest. Thanks Tracy!

Kelly

13 comments:

  1. You just can't beat the colors in your quilt. Did you have the border beforehand or did you just get lucky?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly,

    How exciting! Congratulations! It is a gorgeous quilt and really looks like a Fiesta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your contribution to my book is so appreciated. Ole!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How absolutely exciting to have a quilt in a book, congratulations. It's a beauty and the name suits it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on having your quilt in the book, it is beautiful
    how exciting it is to see your work in print..
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  6. How much fun to have a quilt published in a book. I love the colors in this quilt they go with the book title.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty, cheerful quilt! Congrats on having it published. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Kelly! How awesome to have it in a book! I like the baskets on your header pic too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on being published, Kelly. That is a stunning quilt and all in my fav colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. too cool, love that quilt, that is one of my favorite kaffe's in the border. although I don't have it. I will have to eventually get some. I must get Cheryl"s book how exciting for her and you. joanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulation on having your quilt in the book! It is truly beautiful! Can't wait to see it in print.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wahoo!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on your talent being published and so worthy! I am in awe of beauty and thank you for the inspiration. LOVE THE COLOR!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!