KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

About Last Night...

Mary Simon Rediscovered

My Penn Oaks Quilt Guild had a speaker named Nancy Kerns who does wonderful applique. This is her award winning quilt named "Mary Simon Rediscovered" that won the Founders Award in Houston a couple of weeks ago.
Her work is amazing and she won $7500!
These are all the "best blocks" of a Baltimore Album that are usually the 9 center fancy blocks. Her work is just unbelievable. The details of the house blocks were very intricate and not something I want to do any time soon! If you get a chance to see it do.

I also had an opportunity to send some selvages to a fellow blogger named Riel from Canada. She just got them today. Take a look at her blog and see what she is making, it is very cool. Go to The Q and U .

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, they make my day!