KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Very Busy Weekend

I finally decided on a fun way to use this unusual fabric. I need to send a friend an overdue birthday present. I think she will enjoy using this for all her notions. I also used my hand dyed fabric I made last week at the Poconos.


Inside view using "chair" fabric


I made a pom pom using the Pom Pom maker from Clover to make it easier to open and close the pouch. It is fun and easy to use.


This is what it looks like. It comes in many sizes, this one is the smallest they make.


Open each section and wrap your yarn around both white pieces. When you are finished, trim the yarn and close it.


It should look like this. It does not matter which way you wind either of them.

Next you will trim right down the middle of both sections. You can already see the pom pom emerging!


Take a 10 inch piece of yarn and bring it up right in that center section that you just cut and tie a not. It is going to be in the center of the pom pom and will hold it together. At this point I leave long tails so I can make it the length I want.


Open up one side and then the other.


It will look like this.


Pull off the sides and there is your pom pom waiting to be trimmed.


Trim off any loose ends, even it up and there you have a perfect pom pom

We had the opportunity to watch my son, Dylan participate in a fitness challenge to benfit the Wounded Warriors Fund at Crossfit Inspire in Malvern.


It is pretty intense, doing a specific exercise full out for 1 minute, trying to do as many reps as you can and moving to the next of 5 different things. Then you do it all over again 2 more times! I was tired just watching. His score was 333.









His uncle Jimmy looks pretty good too! They both worked hard and did well.

My 2 grandsons Elliot and Griffin hanging out with dad afterwards.

Elliot and gramps, they having matching blue eyes!

I also had a nice visit from my 2 cousins, Wendy and Mary Beth. The wonderful lady in the middle is their aunt Mary. My husband calls her "the nicest woman in the world", because she is. They come and vist every year and we look forward to seeing them.

We also had dinner at the Marshalton Inn Saturday night with our good friend Jace who we have not seen in 13 years! We have promised to not let that much time go by before we see each other again.

The Halloween Quilt has not been quilted, hopefully this week some time!


Kelly


1 comment:

I love to read your comments, they make my day!