KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Monday, September 27, 2010

Hexagons

This was my favorite quilt at the quilt show a few weeks back. Look at all the hexagons! and they were only about 3/4 of an inch wide.

Here is a close up.....just look at those fabrics. I love that red!


I really liked this stripe too, every which way makes it work.


One more close up, what a fun quilt. It looks like it is hand pieced. It is from the collection of Mary Kerr and is called Through the Garden Path. I am guessing the fabrics are form the 40's?



Another very cool one, I love how lively it is. It is also from the collection of Mary Kerr.

I think that dark blue hexagon in the center along with the 3 blue striped ones make this very interesting
Doesn't it make you want to start one? Never say never! I have about 300 made and once you start it is hard to stop. It is a great take along to the doctor/dentist project.

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, they make my day!